Saturday, September 21, 2013

Nursery



Over the last two years I have slowly been redecorating my house. I'm trying to stay within a budget which is why it has taken awhile. I really love to decorate but I honestly have no idea what I’m doing. I don't know what my style is. I figure as long as my family and I like it that's all that matters, right?  Finding things I love that are also within my budget has been so much fun. I love seeing my home slowly transform.  Through the process I have made some DIY projects which I crave doing and already have a few more I can’t wait to tackle. Tutorials to come!
  The nursery was the first room I did and probably  my favorite room in the house.  I still get people showing interest in this room on Pinterest so I thought I would let them know where I got everything. Keep in mind it has been two years so a lot of the stuff might not still be available.
 
 
 
"You Are My World" art- Urban Outfitters


Cute Owl pictures- A friend found for me at T.J. Maxx.
Mobiles where also from T.J. Maxx.
 
All the furniture in the room was stuff I was able to find on Craigslist at a steal of a deal. I love you Craigslist! ( I think the white was originally from Target and the cherry wood from Wal-Mart) I originally wanted matching cribs, but I ended up really liking the mismatched look.
 

I made the quilts and bed skirts. Check out the crib skirt pattern here. The quilt pattern here. It was actually a quilt kit. The quilt pattern is for one queen size quilt so I adjusted it  to make two smaller quilts instead. I also added different fabric to my daughters quilt to make it a little more girly.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Lamp- Target, Elephant(baby shower gift)- Urban Outfitters
 
 
 
  Globe-yard sale . The owl ceramic- Etsy shop
 
 
 
 
Chevron fabric- Spoonflower.com ( I had the hardest time finding orange chevron fabric. This was two years ago , before you could find Chevron EVERYWHERE)
You can find the ceramic owl bank on the upper right here- Urban Outfitters
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Owl art- Urban Outfitters
 
 
 
 
 FILLSTA Pendant light- Ikea. I LOVE this light. It really brought the room together
 
 
 
 
 
 Tree Decal- Simple Shapes- Etsy Shop
Floor lamp -Ikea
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
The End.